Making this with homemade chicken broth greatly reduces the sodium.
2 Tbspolive oil
2 mediumshallots, peeled and roughly chopped
4 largecarrots, peeled, ends removed, and roughly chopped
1/4 cwhite wine
5 cchicken broth
1/3 cchopped fresh dill
1 Tbspconcentrated tomato paste
·salt and white pepper to taste
How to Make Carrot-dill soup
- In a heavy soup pan, Saute the chopped shallots in the olive oil until slightly browned.
- Add the carrots and continue to saute for a couple minutes, stirring to coat the carrots.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in the white wine and stirring to bring any carmelized shallot off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the broth and boil until the carrots are easily pierced with a fork.
- Process with an immersion blender until all the pieces of carrot have been well incorporated into the broth.
- Add the dill and tomato paste and process another few seconds to fully incorporate them.
- Adjust the seasoning by adding salt and white pepper to taste. Serve warm.