Making this with homemade chicken broth greatly reduces the sodium.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 medium
- shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 large
- carrots, peeled, ends removed, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 c
- white wine
- 5 c
- chicken broth
- 1/3 c
- chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp
- concentrated tomato paste
- salt and white pepper to taste
How to Make Carrot-dill soup
- 1In a heavy soup pan, Saute the chopped shallots in the olive oil until slightly browned.
- 2Add the carrots and continue to saute for a couple minutes, stirring to coat the carrots.
- 3Deglaze the pan by pouring in the white wine and stirring to bring any carmelized shallot off the bottom of the pan.
- 4Add the broth and boil until the carrots are easily pierced with a fork.
- 5Process with an immersion blender until all the pieces of carrot have been well incorporated into the broth.
- 6Add the dill and tomato paste and process another few seconds to fully incorporate them.
- 7Adjust the seasoning by adding salt and white pepper to taste. Serve warm.