cabbage herb bisque
1/4 cchopped onion
14 1/2 ozcan chicken broth
1/4 tspcrushed dried basil
1/4 tspdry mustard
1 dash(es)garlic powder
2 ccoarsley chopped cabbage
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cdiced ham (optional) more or less
How to Make cabbage herb bisque
- In a 2 Qt sauce pan cook onion in butter until tender, not browned
- Combine cornstarch and chicken broth.
- Add: chicken broth mixture, milk, basil, ground mustard, and garlic powder to onions in sauce pan.
- Cook and stir the above mixture until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chopped cabbage.
- Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, approximately 5 min.
- * if you are using diced ham, add it now
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese. Heat and stir until cheese melts.
- Spoon into serving bowls, top with croutons, if desired. Serve.