Butternut Squash Soup
You can either toast your own pumpkin seeds or buy them already roasted.
2 lbbutternut squash
1 tspthai red curry paste
2 Tbspfinely minced onion
1 Tbspsesame oil
2 cfull fat coconut milk
1 Tbspminced fresh ginger
1 ctoasted pumpkin seeds
2 cchicken broth
How to Make Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the ends off the squash. Then cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
- Place cut side down in a large glass baking dish. Add about a cm of water in the bottom of the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, place sesame oil in a small skillet and add onion. Saute until translucent. Set aside.
- Place the curry paste and cumin in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often about 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and ginger. stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 14 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Zest the 4 limes and set aside. Then juice the limes.
- Place the toasted pumpkin seeds in a blender and process until finely ground.
- Remove the squash from oven and allow to cool slightly until you can handle it safely. Scoop out the flesh and place it in the blender with the ground seeds.
- Add the lime juice, lime zest, onions and coconut mixture. Process until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Return mixture to large pot. Add the broth and stir to mix well. Heat on medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.