★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 tsp
- toasted sesame oil
- leeks, light green and white parts thinly sliced (11/4 cups)
- 12-oz. pkg. diced butternut squash
- 2 c
- cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen shelled edamame
- 1- 14oz can(s)
- low-sodium vegetable broth
- kombu (4 inch piece)
- 3 Tbsp
- white miso
- 1 Tbsp
- grapeseed oil
- 3 Tbsp
- minced fresh ginger
- green onions, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
How to Make Butternut Squash & Edamame soup
- 1To make soup: Heat sesame oil in pressure cooker over medium heat. Add leeks, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Stir in squash, rice, edamame, broth, kombu, and 21/4 cups water. Close pressure cooker, and bring up to high pressure. Cook 6 minutes.
- 2Allow the pressure to return to normal on its own. while you make the green onion relish.
- 3To make Relish: Heat small saucepan over medium-high heat, and add grapeseed oil. Add ginger and green onions, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until onions are wilted but still bright green. Remove from heat, and season with white pepper and salt, if desired.
- 4Remove kombu from soup. Thinly slice kombu strip; stir into soup. Ladle ?1 cup soup into bowl, stir in miso, then stir miso mixture into soup pan.
- 5to serve Stir 1 Tbs. Relish into each serving of soup.