Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
Simple, delicious and very hearty.
- large onion chopped
- carrot chopped
- butternut squash chopped
- green apple chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- water or apple juice or cider
- curry powder, nutmeg, salt, pepper and cinnamon
How to Make Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- 1In a large saucepan melt butter, add all chopped vegetable. Saute approximately 5 mins until tender but not brown. Add curry powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Blend until combined.
- 2Add broth and water or juice. Bring to boil. Cover, simmer 30 minutes until vegetables are soft. Puree. Serve garnished with grated cinnamon, parsley and a dollop of sour cream if you wish.
- 3Variations: Sometimes I add applesauce and cream for a different texture when I puree the veggies. I only garnish with cinnamon, parsley or sour cream. The other spices go into the soup mixture. Fresh nutmeg is very strong but gives the soup a great flavor, use it to your liking. Enjoy!
About Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
You May Also Like:
Show 2 Comments & Reviews