Busy day soup
You can add or subtract as you wish. If you can get fresh, by all means, do so. Otherwise, canned will do.
- 1 lb
- browned ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- potatoes, tomatos, carrots, corn, string beans, other veggies that you like
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery stalk sliced thin
- 4-5 clove
- grated garlic
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 1 tsp
- thyme, oregano, basil (to taste), salt pepper
- 4 c
- chicken or beef broth (i use swanson)
- 1 1/2 c
- spinach if desired
- 1 c
- pasta or rice as desired
How to Make Busy day soup
- 1Saute onions, in olive oil, until translucent( 4-5 min), add garlic and cook 30/40 seconds, then add ground beef. Cook until beef is no longer pink. Add herbs and salt and pepper.
- 2Add can of veggies,(except spinach, if using) with the liquid that it comes in. If your using fresh vegetables let simmer until cooked thru, but still has a little crunch. Your preference to how tender.
- 3If I am adding pasta or rice, I like to cook separately and add to soup before serving.
At the last minute add the spinach, let cook for about a minute more.
- 4Plate up in a nice bowl and add a little balsamic vinegar on top,
or a touch of EVOO. Enjoy!