★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbfresh broccoli (or 2 10oz frozen chopped)
26 ozchicken stock or broth
1 1/2 tspcurry powder
2 Tbsplime juice
1/2 csour cream
1 Tbspsnipped chives
How to Make Broccoli Bisque
- Put chopped broccoli in dutch oven (along with chopped cauliflower greens if desired).
- Add stock, onion, butter, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes.
- Puree in blender.
- Stir in lime juice, sour cream and chives. Serve hot.
- To serve cold, do not add in the sour cream or chives. Place pureed soup in refrigerator, covered, for 4 hours. Top with sour cream, chives and garnish with lemon slices.