★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 cchicken or vegetable broth
2 Tbspolive oil
1 can(s)cannelini beans
1 1/2 cditalini (tube pasta)
How to Make Bean & Escarole Soup
- Mince garlic and in a soup pot saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant but not brown or burnt.
- After thorough cleaning, chop escarole in bite size pieces and add to garlic to wilt.
- When escarole is wilted add broth, cannelini beans, and oregano.
- In a separate pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add salt to season
- Add ditalini and cook for 12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to soup pot.
- Serve in soup bowls with Italian Cheese as a condiment.