Basil and Zucchini Soup
these words come to mind when the dark green basil leaves are blended with the light green zucchini slices.This soup is very low in calories as there is no stock,onlyy the juice of the zucchini and a bit of water.
Now this soup is decidedly "basilish",if it is too much for your taste feel free to reduce the basil to 1/4 cup.
Great soup for a light lunch or first course,served with a dollop of low fat yogurt or sour cream.
- 6 c
- sliced zucchini
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil leaves,about 20
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice,fresh squeezed,
- 1/2 c
- low-fat yogurt or sour cream,to garnish
EQUIPMENT:BLENDER,FOOD PROCESSOR,FOOD MILL OR SIEVE
How to Make Basil and Zucchini Soup
- 1Place zucchini and basil leaves in 3 quart saucepan with water.Add salt.Bring to a boil,reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Remove the saucepan from the heat,add lemon juice and allow the vegetables to cool before placing in food processor or blender to puree,or putting thru a food mill or sieve
- 3Chill well-at least 1 hour or longer.
- 4Chill the serving bowls.Garnish each cup or bowl of soup with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.