- 500g (1 lb g
- egg plant (aubergine) peeled and sliced
- 6 tblspn Tbsp
- olive oil
- tomatoes peeled and chopped
- onions, yellow, medium, finely chopped
- cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tsp
- fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 qt
- chicken or beef stock. (i use cicken)
- 3 Tbsp
- rice or sm pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan to serve
- (1 quart equals 1 lt.)
How to Make Aubergine Soup
- 1In a heavy pot fry (eggplant)Aubergine in oil until brown.
- 2Add tomatoes, onions, garlic & herbs. Cook until soft.
- 3Add stock & rice/pasta. Cook until rice is cooked.
Season to taste.
Serve topped with grated Parmesan.
- 4I usually cook this in the morning as it marinates through out the day. You can also put the rice or pasta in the pot and turn it of, leaving the lid on so the rice cooks in the heated liquid.
My children were fussy eaters but liked arbergine.