- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- poultry seasoning or sage
- bones and trimmings from 1 turkey or 2 chickens
- 3 tsp
- (or cubes) of chicken bouillon
- bay leaf
- 1 1/2 qt
- bag of noodles
- medium carrots sliced
- stalks of celery sliced
- large onion chopped or sliced
- 1-2 tsp
- dried parsley or 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 Tbsp
How to Make Turkeybone Soup
- 1In a large sauce pan, combine first 6 ingredients.
- 2Simmer covered, 1 1/2 hours (you can also do this step in a crockpot over night or all day on low) if I do it in the crockpot I quarter an onion and add a couple of chunky pieces of celery and 4-5 peppercorns
- 3Remove bones, cut off meat and return meat to broth.Discard the bones, and onion & celery (if done in the crockpot)
- 4In a skillet with 1-2 T of EVOO add the sliced onion, carrots and celery, saute 3-5 min until tender crisp (this step can be skipped, but it REALLY improves the flavor of the veggies)
- 5Add the veggies and noodles to the broth, simmer covered 30 minutes; until the noodles and veggies are tender. Add dried parsley last 10 minutes.
- 6If using fresh parsley use as a garnish and serve.