1 1/2 tspsalt
1/4 tsppoultry seasoning or sage
·bones and trimmings from 1 turkey or 2 chickens
3 tsp(or cubes) of chicken bouillon
1 1/2 qtwater
1/2bag of noodles
3medium carrots sliced
2stalks of celery sliced
1large onion chopped or sliced
1-2 tspdried parsley or 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Turkeybone Soup
- In a large sauce pan, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Simmer covered, 1 1/2 hours (you can also do this step in a crockpot over night or all day on low) if I do it in the crockpot I quarter an onion and add a couple of chunky pieces of celery and 4-5 peppercorns
- Remove bones, cut off meat and return meat to broth.Discard the bones, and onion & celery (if done in the crockpot)
- In a skillet with 1-2 T of EVOO add the sliced onion, carrots and celery, saute 3-5 min until tender crisp (this step can be skipped, but it REALLY improves the flavor of the veggies)
- Add the veggies and noodles to the broth, simmer covered 30 minutes; until the noodles and veggies are tender. Add dried parsley last 10 minutes.
- If using fresh parsley use as a garnish and serve.