Yam & Leek Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- red palm oil
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic chopped fine
- 3 large
- leeks, green bottoms removed, top white part cut in rings and cleaned
- 1 large
- green apple, peeled and cored
- 2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp
- dried sage
- 4 c
- filtered water
- 4 medium
- yams, peeled and chopped into large cubes.
- 1 can(s)
- premium coconut milk
- good quality sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley for garnish (optional)
How to Make Yam & Leek Soup
- 1Saute the onions with the palm oil in a large sauce pan or soup pot over medium heat for a few minutes. Stir frequently to prevent the onions from browning or burning, just soften them.
- 2Add the apple, garlic and leeks to the pan and saute for approximately 5 minutes to allow everything to get soft.
- 3Sprinkle in the cumin, nutmeg and sage and stir in well.
- 4Add the water and yams. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes until the yams are soft.
- 5Remove the soup from the heat and slowly mix in the coconut milk and give it a good stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Puree the soup right in the pot with a stick blender, it's so easy to do it this way. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle a little parsley on top to garnish.
- 7Serve either hot or cold. I like it both ways. It's good the next day since it gives the seasonings a chance to permeate through the soup.