Sweetcorn Soup with Crab & Homemade Soured Cream
Serve with chunky pieces of wholemeal, multigrain or olive bread.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largebanana shallot, sliced
1 tspmedium curry powder
1/4 ptwhite wine, sauvignon grenache or blanc
1 pinchsalt and pepper to taste
8 flounces of double cream
2 tsplemon juice, fresh
3 1/2 ozpicked white crabmeat
·water to cover
How to Make Sweetcorn Soup with Crab & Homemade Soured Cream
- Heat a large frying pan until medium hot. Add the butter, shallot and curry powder and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add the sweetcorn and then pour in the wine and enough water to just cover.
- Bring to a simmer, add half of the cream and then season with salt and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture back to the boil, remove from the heat to cool slightly and then transfer to a blender. Bend until very smooth and light, for a good 5 mins then return the soup to the pan to heat though.
- Make some soured cream by whisking the remaining cream with the lemon juice until thickened. It takes a while but is well worth it!
- Ladle the soup into a serving bowl and then sprinkle with a little of the crab and add a spoonful of the now firm soured cream in the middle.
- Enjoy how wonderfully light, tasty and warming this soup is!