Sweetcorn Soup with Crab & Homemade Soured Cream
Serve with chunky pieces of wholemeal, multigrain or olive bread.
- 25 g
- 1 large
- banana shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp
- medium curry powder
- 12 oz
- 1/4 pt
- white wine, sauvignon grenache or blanc
- 1 pinch
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 fl
- ounces of double cream
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 3 1/2 oz
- picked white crabmeat
- water to cover
How to Make Sweetcorn Soup with Crab & Homemade Soured Cream
- 1Heat a large frying pan until medium hot. Add the butter, shallot and curry powder and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened.
- 2Add the sweetcorn and then pour in the wine and enough water to just cover.
- 3Bring to a simmer, add half of the cream and then season with salt and black pepper.
- 4Bring the mixture back to the boil, remove from the heat to cool slightly and then transfer to a blender. Bend until very smooth and light, for a good 5 mins then return the soup to the pan to heat though.
- 5Make some soured cream by whisking the remaining cream with the lemon juice until thickened. It takes a while but is well worth it!
- 6Ladle the soup into a serving bowl and then sprinkle with a little of the crab and add a spoonful of the now firm soured cream in the middle.
- 7Enjoy how wonderfully light, tasty and warming this soup is!