- 2 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped frozen
- 28-30 oz
- tomatoes, canned and chopped, with liquid
- 2 jar(s)
- roasted red peppers
- 1 qt
- vegetable broth
- 1 bunch
- chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- salt and white pepper (to taste)
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1Combine all ingredients EXCEPT chives, salt & pepper in a Crock-Pot.
- 2Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 3Blend until velvety.
NOTE: I use an immersion blender for simplicity and safety.
(This can be blended in a traditional blender. Process in small batches and cover tightly to avoid steam burns and flying soup!)
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives if desired.