Purely vegatable soup
Now that the kids are grown and gone, I still make a large pot of this soup and then freeze a good portion. I love to heat a portion in the morning, place in a thermos and take to work for lunch. It is the perfect thing to keep me away from the cafeteria food and vending machines.
- 1/2 small
- cabbage sliced
- 1 lb
- green beans , washed and cut into 2" pieces
- carrots - sliced 1/2"
- onion, course chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic , minced
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes
- 32 oz
- vegatable broth
- salt, pepper, thyme and other spices you prefer
- you can add any other veggies you prefer-
How to Make Purely vegatable soup
- 1Put all ingredients into a large pot. Be sure that liquid is almost to the top of the veggies. If not, add some water. You don't want to cover your veggies with the liquid because the cabbage will cook down quite a bit. You don't wantto have more broth then veggies. Bring to a low simmer. Simmer for about 30 minutes then check to see if veggies are tender.
- 2Bring to a low simmer and cook for about 30 minutes. Check to see if veggies are tender - if not, continue to cook and check every 10 minutes or so. The cook times will vary depending on the type of veggies you use and the cut size of the pieces.