Nanie's Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- chopped, onion
- 1/4 c
- chopped, celery
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- whole milk
- 2 tsp
- sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- (scant) ground black pepper
- 1 qt
- home canned tomatoes or 2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- basil, fresh, sliced (chiffonade )
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Nanie's Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2Stir the flour into the vegetable mixture, stirring until well mixed. Slowly pour the milk into the flour vegetable mix stirring to combine; add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Continue to heat on medium-low stirring frequently until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Keep a close watch and do not allow the mixture to scorch.
- 6Serve this along side a grilled cheese sandwich and you have a match made in heaven.
- 7A special thanks to my Nanie for this recipe and many more as well as all of the fond memories and love associated with every meal she prepared for those she loved.