Kitchen Sink Soup
1 1/2 cpearl barley, uncooked
4 cwater to cook the barley in. may need to add more as it cooks down.
1/4 lbbaby carrots
1/4 lbfrozen okra
1 can(s)sweet peas
1 can(s)green beans
1 can(s)whole corn
1 can(s)mushroom pieces
1 can(s)diced tomatoes
1 or 2 pkgdry onion soup mix
1 Tbspseason all seasoning mix
1 tspgarlic powder or to taste
How to Make Kitchen Sink Soup
- Make sure you have a BIG pot. This will make a lot of soup.
- Cook barley according to directions on the box. Let it cook for 30 minutes. Set your timer.
- Add the carrots & finish cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients, juice & all. And anything else you want to add.
- Bring it all to a boil & turn down to a simmer until heated through. 15 to 30 minutes. Stirring it to blend the flavors together.
- Salt & pepper to taste. I find the can goods have enough salt for me.
- This can be put in gallon size zip lock bags, or, plastic containers & frozen for later use. Put just as much as you think your family will eat in each bag. For bigger families, it may take 2 or 3 bags. For a single person, it may only take a quart size or half gallon size bag.
- I don't know how long it will last frozen. We always ate it before it lasted very long.
- I'm don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but, this soup will make you want to slap your daddy away from the table. But, be careful. If your daddy is anything like mine was, he'll slap back.