HEARTY NAVY BEAN & SPINACH SOUP
Rose Mary Mogan
Many of you know how much I love veggies, & I am forever looking for new ways to incorporate them into my meals. This was a great idea, the crinkle cut carrots, the corn bread with all of the veggies. So satisfying on a cool late September evening. This soup is so satisfying & filling, plus it is so colorful & meaty from all of the Smoked Turkey legs that were added.
You will enjoy this hearty & comforting soup.
- 1 lb
- bag dry navy beans, picked and washed
- 1 large
- yellow onion, chopped
- bay leaves, dried
- 1 tsp
- steak seasoning(like montreal)
- 4 clove
- minced garlic
- 4 lb
- smoked turkey legs, cut into pieces(about 2 legs)
- 1 lb
- crinkle cut frozen carrots
- 10 oz
- frozen chopped spinach (defrosted)
How to Make HEARTY NAVY BEAN & SPINACH SOUP
- 3Once you have added in the turkey legs cook until tender another hour & half or so, or as desired. When meat is tender, remove with a slotted spoon, and remove all of the fine bones, the larger bones and the outer skin, then add back into pot, and continue to cook. Add the spices, taste first before adding the steak seasoning.