☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 can(s)large size, whole or crushed tomatoes
1large white or yellow onion
1large bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1teaspoon dried basil or1 tablespoon diced fresh basil
1teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 table spoon diced fresh oregano
2 pinchblack pepper
1cabbage head, cored and chopped
1 Tbspbeef base or bullion
How to Make Granny's Garden Soup
- Open two large cans or whole or crushed tomatoes and pour into a large soup pot.
- rinse to cans with 1/2 cup of water each and add to the soup pot. Add one heaping tablespoon of beef soup base or bullion.
Set pot on the stove and set to low heat,
- clean core and chop the cabbage, peel the onion and carrots
- chop the carrots, celery, cabbage and onions thick or thin depending on how you like it, (I like big spoon-sized pieces)and add to the soup pot
- start cooking on medium-high heat until the soup starts to boil.
- add frozen mixed vegetables, pepper, basil and oregano, return to a boil, cover and allow to simmer for up to two hours. (I like my veggies crispier so I don't cook quite as long)