☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 can(s)
- large size, whole or crushed tomatoes
- celery stalks
- large carrots
- large white or yellow onion
- large bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- teaspoon dried basil or1 tablespoon diced fresh basil
- teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 table spoon diced fresh oregano
- 2 pinch
- black pepper
- cabbage head, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- beef base or bullion
How to Make Granny's Garden Soup
- 1Open two large cans or whole or crushed tomatoes and pour into a large soup pot.
- 2rinse to cans with 1/2 cup of water each and add to the soup pot. Add one heaping tablespoon of beef soup base or bullion.
Set pot on the stove and set to low heat,
- 3clean core and chop the cabbage, peel the onion and carrots
- 4chop the carrots, celery, cabbage and onions thick or thin depending on how you like it, (I like big spoon-sized pieces)and add to the soup pot
- 5start cooking on medium-high heat until the soup starts to boil.
- 6add frozen mixed vegetables, pepper, basil and oregano, return to a boil, cover and allow to simmer for up to two hours. (I like my veggies crispier so I don't cook quite as long)