8 to 12 mediumripe but firm roma tomatoes
1 largewhite or red onion
2ribs of celery
1/2 mediumgreen bell pepper
1/2 mediumred bell pepper
2 mediumjalapeno or anaheim chili peppers
1/2 bunchfresh cilantro
1 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbspred wine vinegar
2 Tbspfresh lime juice
1 tspsea salt
1 tspground black pepper
1 smallcan v-8 juice (optional)
How to Make GAZPACHO TEXAS STYLE (SALLYE)
- Thoroughly wash produce and place in colander to drain dry
- Remove core and cut tomatoes in half, place in food processor
Peel onion, cut into quarters and place in food processor,
Pulse until finely chopped, pour into large mixing bowl
- Cut celery into 1-1/2" pieces; place in food processor
Peel cucumber, cut into 1-1/2" pieces place in food processor
Pulse until finely chopped, pour into bowl with tomato mixture
- Remove core, seeds and membranes from bell peppers.
Cut into coarse chunks and place in food processor
Pulse until finely chopped. pour into tomato mixture
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove stems, seeds and membranes; place in food processor.
Cut stems from cilantro, place leaves in food processor with jalapeno
Peel garlic clove and place in food processor
Pulse until finely chopped, leave in food processor.
- Return tomato mixture to food processor and turn food processor to low.
While processor is running, drizzle in olive oil, vinegar and lime juice.
Add salt and pepper and V-8 juice (optional).
Continue to process on low until you have a nice velvety soup.
- Pour into covered container and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow fusion of tastes.
- Serve in individual soup bowls, with your garnish of choice.
A great summer lunch dish,