Crock Pot Potato Soup with bacon and Cheese
1onions, vidalia, peeled
1 qtlow sodium chicken broth
4 Tbspbutter, cold
1 Tbspseasoned salt
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Tbspchives, dried
1 clow sodium chicken broth
How to Make Crock Pot Potato Soup with bacon and Cheese
- Peel and dice the potatoes in 1 -1 1/2 inch cubes, peel and dice the onion and garlic. I put the onion and garlic in my food processor to make it easier and in smaller pieces.
- In a crock pot add the onion, garlic, potatoes, 1 quart of broth, seasoned salt, pepper, and butter. turn crock pot on high for 3 hours
- Meanwhile cook the bacon and crumble, (set a aside some bacon cheddar and chives for soup garnish if you wish) after the 3 hours of cooking add half of the cooked bacon bits, cheddar, handful of chives. Heat the broth up add 1 cup of the heated broth to the crock. If you don't want a chunky soup mash or emulsify the potatoes at this time. I did this slightly we wanted the potatoes chunky. Cook for another hour on high
- After 4 hours the soup should be ready ladle to a bowl top with a sprinkle of cheddar, bacon bits and chives.
- If you want to make this vegetarian you can leave out the bacon