Creamy kale, potato n sausage soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 oz
- sausage of choice, such as italian, chicken, flavored, etc
- onion diced
- 2-3 clove
- small red potatoes
- 1 bunch
- kale, washed and trimmed with thick parts removed
- bay leaf
- 1 qt
- chicken broth (1 box)
- 1 pt
- 1 c
- frozen corn
How to Make Creamy kale, potato n sausage soup
- 1Slice your sausage into thin rounds. This is easier sometimes if partially frozen first. In your Pampered Chef Rockcrok or large soup pot, saute your sausage. If you are using uncooked sausage, cook until it starts to brown. If using fully cooked sausage (I used a chicken sausage with pineapple and bacon, fully cooked) then this step will not take long.
- 2Thinly slice the potatoes and add to pot. Continue to saute. (I used 1 large russet potato because that is what I had on hand.)
- 3When sausage is mostly done, or everything is starting to brown, add the diced onion, garlic and kale.Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the bay leaf and corn. Saute about 5 minutes then add the broth and milk.Let this simmer uncovered, but not boil or the milk might curdle. (For non-dairy option, just use more broth).
- 4The soup will thicken as it cooks. When the potatoes are tender, the soup is ready, although the longer it sits, the better it tastes.