Collard Green Soup
- 2 can(s)
- glory brand collard greens (large cans or 4 regular cans)
- large yellow onions
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic (i use the kind in a jar)
- 1/2 lb
- bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 or 2 can(s)
- white navy beans (according to your liking)
- 4 c
- chicken broth (more if you like a lot of soup)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Collard Green Soup
- 1Place all ingredients in a 4-6 quart pressure cooker. Place on medium heat. Once the pressure builds and the steam starts to escape or jiggle, time and allow to cook for an hour. Turn the stove off and allow to sit until the steam is gone. Open top after making sure no more steam remains by holding the release valve to the side with a dish towel being careful not to allow the steam to contact your skin to avoid burns. Enjoy the soup with cornbread on the side or with the soup dipped over cornbread. Very filling and delicious and a great source of iron.
- 2If you are afraid of pressure cookers, this soup works beautifully in a crock pot. Just follow the directions and place in crock pot and allow to cook on high for about 6 hours.
- 3I like to pour a little pepper sauce on mine before eating which is the liquid you have in a jar of pickled peppers like jalopenos or other hot peppers. It's a southern thing!