Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup
1 mediumbutternut squash, split, seeds removed
2 Tbspolive oil, divided
2 tspsalt, divided
1 ccarrots, chopped
1 conions, chopped
2 tspcurry powder
1 tspgaram masala
1 tspground cumin
1 (14 oz) can(s)coconut milk
4 cvegetable (or chicken) broth
sprig(s)fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- Heat oven to 350°. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil on butternut squash and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Roast until tender, about 45 minutes.
Scoop out flesh from shell and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large soup pan. Add carrots and onion to pot with 1 tsp salt. Sauté until tender.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable stock. Add curry powder, garam masala and cumin. Add roasted butternut squash.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer, while breaking up roasted butternut squash for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Puree in batches in blender or use blender stick. Return mixture to pan and reheat soup without boiling.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme if desired.