Chunky Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspolive oil
1-2 pinchred pepper flakes
1/2 cfinely chopped onion
1/2 cfinely chopped red bell pepper
2 Tbspfinely chopped italian parsley
3 clovecrushed garlic
1 can(s)24 oz tomato puree
2 cvegetable stock
2 can(s)14.5 oz italian style stewed tomatoes
2 Tbsptomato paste
·fresh basil leaves
How to Make Chunky Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and red pepper flakes over medium/hi heat.
- Add the onions, red bell pepper, and parsley. Saute 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir often.
- Add the tomato puree and the vegetable stock. Reduce to simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Chop the stewed tomatoes and add along with all of the juices, Cook 5 minutes over med heat, stirring often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add tomato paste to thicken. Adjust to your preference.
- Serve hot . Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil. Garnish with a whole basil leaf.