CAULIFLOWER AND KALE SOUP
(Calories 356; protein 40g; fat 12g; carbs 29g; fiber 10g)
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1/2 cvidalia onion, diced
1 Tbspgarlic, minced
1head cauliflower, cored, chopped
3 cvegetable stock
2 ckale, thinly sliced
1 tspfresh tarragon, chopped (optional)
How to Make CAULIFLOWER AND KALE SOUP
- In large saucepot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Saute onion and garlic, until onions are translucent
- Add cauliflower and vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer until cauliflower softens, approx. 15-20 min.
- Add kale and simmer for another 5 minutes.
NOTE: I like the mixture just as it is at this stage; has some substance, so I just mash a little with a hand masher and skip Step 4, but do add a little salt and pepper to taste. But if you like, you can continue with the following directions.
- Let mixture cool completely. Then, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Return the soup to the saucepot and bring to simmer.
Add tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve with a favorite protein