Tortilla soup (Chicken)
- rotisserie chicken, deboned
- 32 oz
- low sodium chicken broth
- 3 clove
- plum tomatoes
- 1 small
- 1 medium
- pasilla pepper
- corn tortillas
- salt and pepper
- mexican cream or sour cream or plain yogurt
- queso fresco or mild feta
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- corn tortillas cut into strips
- vegetable oil for light frying.
How to Make Tortilla soup (Chicken)
- 1Peel the Onion, leave the Garlic unpeeled, rinse the Tomatoes, take the Pasilla Pepper and lightly oil. Set your oven to Broil. Allow these vegetables and pepper to char, turning it so all the sides are charred, Peel the Garlic.
- 2Place the Tomatoes, Onion, Peeled Garlic, Pasilla Peppers, two Corn Tortillas in the blender and puree. Add two cups of the broth, mix until completely blended. Pour into a large pot, add the rest of the broth, and bring up to boil then bring back to a simmer. Season well. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 3In a Skillet pour about 1/2 inch of oil and bring to heat, cut Corn Tortillas into 1/2 inch strips. fry until crisp place on paper towel to drain set aside. Cut Avacados, Limes, Cilantro, and the Crema into seperate bowls these are the sides.
- 4Place some of the deboned Chicken in the bottom of the bowl and ladle the soup, your guests can add their own sides.
- 5*Hint: You can add Plain 0% fat Greek Yogurt flavored with Lime zest, This gives the same mouth feel as Sour cream or Crema but with less calories.