Stuffed Red/Green Pepper Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground chuck
1/2 to 3/4 lbground pork
1medium to large chopped onion (about 1-1/2 cups)
1 tspchopped garlic
3 cchopped red or green peppers (or mixed)
1 can(s)diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
2 cchicken stock
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 bottlev-8 juice (46 oz.)
2 ccooked rice
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Stuffed Red/Green Pepper Soup
- Cook rice and set aside. Brown ground chuck and pork. Drain and set aside.
- With a little olive oil, saute onions in a soup pot or dutch oven. Add chopped peppers; saute for a few minutes so they are still firm. Add chopped garlic towards the end (so it doesn't burn). Add diced tomatoes.
- Mix together the chicken stock, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Add this mixture to pot.
- Add V-8 juice and rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 25 - 30 minutes.