Hamburger Cabbage soup
2 lb95% lean ground beef or turkey
1large onion peeled and chopped
4celery stalks chopped
4potatoes, russets chopped
1large cabbage head
1large jar of v8 juice or vegtable juice
4large tomatoes blanced, peeled & chopped
1can chicken broth
1can kidney beans
2can whole kernal corn
How to Make Hamburger Cabbage soup
- Brown meat with the onions and celery. Drain
- Cook cabbage in broth and water until soft enough to chop up. Chop up and add to crockpot including the broth. ** Do not throw out the broth water from cabbage. This makes the base.
- Add meat mixture and all the chopped veggies.
- Add the v8 juice, corn, tomatoes & kidney beans.
- Add salt/pepper to taste. stir well
- Cook on low for 8hrs or high 4 to 6hrs