Beer and cheddar cheese soup
- 2+1/2 cups of chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup of onion diced
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 3/4 cup of flat beer (i use the whole can)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of carrots diced
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese
How to Make Beer and cheddar cheese soup
- 1Saute celery, carrots and onions in butter until tender but not browned.
- 2Blend in flour, mustard, and chicken stock, Cook 5 minutes.
- 3Blend in shredded Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and beer.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Let simmer 20 minutes .
- 6Serve with French bread and a tossed salad.
- 7Makes 2 generous servings