The Best Butternut Apple Soup EVER!
SO easy and good !
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
One largebutternut squash
One boxvegetable stock( 32 ounce)
One cfresh apple cider
One ccream or half and half ( optional)
One tspolive oil
FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER AND KOSHER SALT
How to Make The Best Butternut Apple Soup EVER!
- Roast the squash in preheated 450 degree oven about 50 minutes after cutting in half down the center
Removing all seeds
Add olive oil all over with kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Cool until able to use without burning your hands
- Put vegetable stock in a soup pot
- Add the squash scraping out all the flesh no skin
- Add the cider
- Simmer on medium heat about 45 minutes
- Turn off heat
Cool a bit
Using an Immersion Blender blend well until smooth
- Stir well
Then squeeze juice of fresh lemon in to
Add fresh grated black pepper and Kosher salt to taste
- Add cream and stir in if desired.
( more calories but really bumps it up a notch!)
- Serve heated through with warm bread or rolls .