The Best Butternut Apple Soup EVER!
SO easy and good !
- One large
- butternut squash
- One box
- vegetable stock( 32 ounce)
- 1/2 large
- One c
- fresh apple cider
- One c
- cream or half and half ( optional)
- One tsp
- olive oil
FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER AND KOSHER SALT
How to Make The Best Butternut Apple Soup EVER!
- 1Roast the squash in preheated 450 degree oven about 50 minutes after cutting in half down the center
Removing all seeds
Add olive oil all over with kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2Cool until able to use without burning your hands
- 3Put vegetable stock in a soup pot
- 4Add the squash scraping out all the flesh no skin
- 5Add the cider
- 6Simmer on medium heat about 45 minutes
- 7Turn off heat
Cool a bit
Using an Immersion Blender blend well until smooth
- 8Stir well
Then squeeze juice of fresh lemon in to
Add fresh grated black pepper and Kosher salt to taste
- 9Add cream and stir in if desired.
( more calories but really bumps it up a notch!)
- 10Serve heated through with warm bread or rolls .