Mushroom Florentine Soup
It is wonderful. And tastes so rich. Very good soup and good for you.
- 1 Tbsp
- 6 oz
- fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- onion minced
- 1 clove
- garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- dry white wine, optional
- 2 oz
- fresh baby spinach roughly chopped, about 4 cups loosely packed
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream. room temperature
How to Make Mushroom Florentine Soup
- 1Saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic and seasonings in butter and wine; cook on high heat until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- 2Remove from the heat and put half of the soup in a small, deep bowl. Puree the soup in the bowl with a stick blender. The mushrooms may get caught a bit in the blender blades, but keep going and they'll eventually all end up in the soup.
- 3Return the puree to the pot and heat until the soup is hot. Stir in the spinach and cream; heat through just a minute or so and serve at once.
- 4makes 2-3 servings. Don't freeze.
per 1/2 recipe: 317 calories; 28g Fat; 8g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs.