Curried Butternut Squash Soup
1 largebutternut squash
3 clovegarlic, chopped
2 tspcurry powder
1/8 tspthyme, dried
1 qtchicken stock, veg. stock, water or milk
1/2 cheavy cream
1granny smith apple--chopped for garnish
·cilantro, fresh--for garnish
How to Make Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Cut onion in thin slices and saute in butter until translucent.
- Add curry powder and garlic to onions and cook a few minutes more.
- Pour liquid of choice into pan and bring to a simmer.
- Scoop out the flesh of the squash and add it to the pan along with thyme.
- Simmer soup for 20 minutes and then puree in Food processor or use an immersion blender.
- Check for seasoning and add slat and pepper per your taste.
- Stir in cream and heat through (dont boil)
- Garnish with chopped apple and cilantro.