Lower Carb New England Style Clam Chowder
Janus Joy Miller
1 lbdried navy beans
·water as needed
1 largesweet onion, chopped
5 largecarrots, chopped
1/2 bunchcelery, chopped
3 Tbspunsalted butter
1 largecan clam juice (51 ounces)
1 largecan clams (51 ounces)
1 can(s)light coconut milk
1 can(s)regular coconut milk
How to Make Lower Carb New England Style Clam Chowder
- Soak the Navy Beans overnight in water.
- Sweat the vegetables in the butter over high heat until golden - 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the clam juice (not the clams).
- Add the soaked beans, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until beans are tender - 1 - 2 hours, adding water as needed to keep them covered.
- Stir occasionally to keep the beans from scorching.
- When beans are tender, add the coconut milks and the clams.
- Simmer 2 more hours on low heat until the clams are tender.