Fish and Corn Chowder
I've also made this chowder, adding a small jar of clam juice just before adding vegetables and whitefish.
This weekend was Blizzard 2016. I decided to make the chowder and was out of frozen mixed vegetables. I used a package of frozen creamed spinach. This is now our favorite.
1 Tbspcanola or olive oil
1 mediumonion, chopped
3 clovegarlic, minced
5 cskim milk
2 can(s)cream style corn, 15 oz ea
1 1/2 cinstant potato flakes, dry
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
24 ozpeas and carrots, frozen (or)
1 pkgcreamed spinach
1 lbwhitefish filets
How to Make Fish and Corn Chowder
- Heat oil in soup pot. Add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until tender (about 4-6 min.) Stir often.
- Add milk, creamed corn and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium heat until hot (do not boil).
- Add potato flakes and continue to cook until hot and thick.
- Add peas and carrots and bite sized pieces of white fish.(0r) substitute 1 package of creamed spinach for frozen peas and carrots.
- Serve hot with your favorite bread or corn muffins.