Corn and Cheese Chowder
Enjoy won't you?
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter
·1 whole onion, chopped
·3 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
·3 whole bell peppers , finely diced (red, yellow,orange)
·5-6 ears of corn, kernels sliced off
·1 large potatoe peeled and diced (optional)
·1/4 cup of all purpose flour
·3 cups of chicken stock or broth
·2 cups of half and half cream
·1 heaping cup grated monterey jack cheese
·1 heaping cup grated pepper jack cheese. (i used monterey jack jalapeno cheese)
·1/3 cup of sliced green onions
·salt and freshly ground black pepper
·12 bread bowls hollowed out
How to Make Corn and Cheese Chowder
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes. ( I cooked them for 3-4 minutes)
- Add the bacon and cook for another minute or so, then add the bell peppers and cook for a couple of minutes. ( I cooked them for 3-4 minutes)
Add the diced potatoes if using
- Finally add the corn and cook for a minute
- Sprinkle the flour over the top and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken stock or broth and stir well.
Allow this to thicken for 3-4 minutes
- Reduce heat to LOW. Stir in the half and half and then cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or so
- Stir in the cheeses and green onions
- When the cheese is melted and the soup is hot, check the seasonings. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle into bread bowls (I used large soup bowls)
- Serve immediately and Enjoy