THREE MEAT CHILI FOR A CROWD - T's Original
- 3 lb
- ground beef chuck
- 1 lb
- ground pork
- 1 lb
- breakfast sausage
- 2 large
- onions, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2-3 qt
- chopped tomatoes and juice
- 2 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 3 oz
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- brown chipotle powder (optional, but recommended)
- 1/8 tsp
- cajun seasoning (optional)
- 2-3 qt
- 2 Tbsp
- brewed black coffee (optional)
- 2 can(s)
- red chili beans in chili sauce
- cooked spaghetti (optional, see note)
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
- chopped chives or sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
How to Make THREE MEAT CHILI FOR A CROWD - T's Original
- 1GATHER EQUIPMENT:
10 or 12 qt. stock pot with lid
Large long-handled spoon
Large mesh strainer
Large heat-resistant bowl
Medium heat-resistant bowl
Long-handled soup ladle
- 2In very large stock pot, over medium-high heat, cook the meats until no longer pink.
- 3(You may have to divide this step.) Drain meat and discard liquid.
- 4Return meat to pot and add all remaining ingredients except spaghetti.
- 5Bring to full boil, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid slightly ajar and simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so. (After 2 hours, you may keep it on low heat for several hours, if needed; make sure that it stays good and hot.) Taste for seasoning (salt & spiciness) and add extra if needed.
- 7NOTE: May be served over cooked spaghetti or you may add uncooked spaghetti to boiling chili (medium to medium-high heat) and cook for 10 minutes before serving (you may need to add a little extra water to the chili first).
- 8Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.