DIY Kick Butt Chili Powder
Andy Anderson !
They grind up a bunch of stuff, stick it in a glass jar, and place it on the shelf.
Did you know that most chili powders have preservatives, and even additional spices like cumin? Now don’t get me wrong; I love cumin, but it doesn’t belong in a bottle labeled: CHILI POWDER. If I want some cumin in my chili recipe, I’ll add it when I am good and ready…
I want my chili powder to have one thing in it… guess what that is.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 3 medium
- guajillo chiles, about .07 ounces
- 2 medium
- negro pasilla chiles, about 0.4 ounces
- 1 medium
- ancho chile, about 0.4 ounces
- 2 medium
- pasilla de oaxaca chiles, about 0.3 ounces
- 8 medium
- del árbol chiles, about 0.1 ounces
How to Make DIY Kick Butt Chili Powder
- 2Chef’s Tip: I will admit that it might be difficult to pick up the chilies that I’ve recommended, plus the other thing is that a chili can differ greatly between the people that grow them. I have a site that I use because these people KNOW their chilies… you might want to give them a look-see: This link will point you to the right page: shop.nativeseeds.org/...whole-chiles