2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
12 ozmirepoix (onion,carrots,celery,med dice )
2 tspcurry powder
1/2 cchicken meat, cooked, diced
1 qtchicken stock
1/2 ceggplant, peeled and diced
1/4 cgreen apple, diced
1/2 csliced mushrooms
4fluid ounces milk, warm
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Mulligatawny Soup
- In a saucepot, heat the butter over medium heat, add the mirepoix and eggplant and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and curry powder and cook to form a blond roux.
- Add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, apple and mushrooms and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Finish with the warm milk and season with salt and white pepper.