☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery with leaves chopped
- large carrot, whole or chopped
- 2-3 pinch
- large pinches of fresh parsley (dried is ok but not as good)
- 1/4 c
- chopped yellow or white onion (optional)
- chicken bouillon cubes (if using double bj's size, only 4)
- 6 dash(es)
- ground black pepper
- 1 c
- uncooked long grain white rice or 2 1/2 cups cooked rice) i prefer uncooked rice - it absorbs the flavors better.
- 1 pinch
- saffron (optional)
How to Make Baba's Chicken Rice Soup
- 1Put everything but the rice in a large dutch oven and cover with about 2-3 inches of water.
- 2Bring to a fast boil, then down to a simmer. Boil about 15-25 minutes, depending on if the chicken was frozen or fresh. You want the chicken to be just about done.
- 3Remove chicken from pot while still simmering to plate and cut into small bite size pieces. Put back in pot.
- 4Remove carrot if you chose to cook it whole onto same plate and mash with fork and return to pot.
- 5If using cooked rice, skip this step and just add the rice without boiling any more. Bring back to a rolling boil and add uncooked rice. Stir constantly to keep from sticking to bottom of pot until rolling boil again. Set timer to 21-22 minutes.
- 6As with any soup, taste test and add seasoning and more water as needed.