☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 stalk(s)celery with leaves chopped
1large carrot, whole or chopped
2-3 pinchlarge pinches of fresh parsley (dried is ok but not as good)
1/4 cchopped yellow or white onion (optional)
6-8chicken bouillon cubes (if using double bj's size, only 4)
6 dash(es)ground black pepper
1 cuncooked long grain white rice or 2 1/2 cups cooked rice) i prefer uncooked rice - it absorbs the flavors better.
1 pinchsaffron (optional)
How to Make Baba's Chicken Rice Soup
- Put everything but the rice in a large dutch oven and cover with about 2-3 inches of water.
- Bring to a fast boil, then down to a simmer. Boil about 15-25 minutes, depending on if the chicken was frozen or fresh. You want the chicken to be just about done.
- Remove chicken from pot while still simmering to plate and cut into small bite size pieces. Put back in pot.
- Remove carrot if you chose to cook it whole onto same plate and mash with fork and return to pot.
- If using cooked rice, skip this step and just add the rice without boiling any more. Bring back to a rolling boil and add uncooked rice. Stir constantly to keep from sticking to bottom of pot until rolling boil again. Set timer to 21-22 minutes.
- As with any soup, taste test and add seasoning and more water as needed.