Spicy Sausage and Pasta Soup
2-15 ozcanned garbanzo beans (not drained)
4 Tbspolive oil
2 lbground mild italian sausage (i use the new york style, in the chub)
2 tspdried rosemary
4 clovegarlic ,minced
1 tspcrushed, red pepper flakes
1/3+ 1 Tbs ctomato paste
2 qtlow sodium chicken broth
1 lbpasta of choice, (small shells, broken spaghetti)
1 cparmesan cheese
1 pkgfrozen spinich
How to Make Spicy Sausage and Pasta Soup
- In a medium soup pot over medium hear, add olive oil and brown sausage. Add rosemary, red pepper, and garlic. Mix in tomato paste.
- Add rosemary, red pepper, and garlic. Mix in tomato paste.
- Add Beans, broth and pasta. Simmer for 25 minutes.
I add the spinach, after about 10 minutes
- Mix in the 2/3 cup of cheese. Reserve the rest for topping the soup, when you serve it.
- Serve hot with remaining cheese.