Spicy Sausage and Pasta Soup
- 2-15 oz
- canned garbanzo beans (not drained)
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 lb
- ground mild italian sausage (i use the new york style, in the chub)
- 2 tsp
- dried rosemary
- 4 clove
- garlic ,minced
- 1 tsp
- crushed, red pepper flakes
- 1/3+ 1 Tbs c
- tomato paste
- 2 qt
- low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb
- pasta of choice, (small shells, broken spaghetti)
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg
- frozen spinich
How to Make Spicy Sausage and Pasta Soup
- 1In a medium soup pot over medium hear, add olive oil and brown sausage. Add rosemary, red pepper, and garlic. Mix in tomato paste.
- 2Add rosemary, red pepper, and garlic. Mix in tomato paste.
- 3Add Beans, broth and pasta. Simmer for 25 minutes.
I add the spinach, after about 10 minutes
- 4Mix in the 2/3 cup of cheese. Reserve the rest for topping the soup, when you serve it.
- 5Serve hot with remaining cheese.