Bean and turkey soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 bag(s)dried garbanzo beans
1 bag(s)dried black beans
1 boxchicken stock (or two, or lots of boullion)
1/4 conion flakes, dehydrated
8seasoned turkey burgers
2 can(s)mixed vegetables
·garlic powder, seasoned salt, fresh ground pepper, curry powder, ground ginger; to taste
How to Make Bean and turkey soup
- Pour each bag of beans into a strainer and rinse, transfer to stockpot. If you have the time, cover the beans with salt water and let soak for 24 hrs, then they will need to be rinsed before cooking. I began boiling the beans right away and it took several hrs for the garbanzo beans to soften up.
- Whenever you begin cooking, bring water to a boil and cook for an hour, stirring occasionally. Then add seasonings, onion and some chicken stock.
- Continue boiling until you can cut a garbanzo bean in half (it will be no where near done yet at this point), stirring occasionally.
- Defrost turkey burgers, crumble and fry up like ground beef, ground turkey would work as well. Drain the turkey as needed and brown well.
- At any point, add the turkey and mixed vegetables to the pot.
- As the beans soften, you will notice less liquid in the pot. Just keep adding chicken stock as needed. I also aded a little bit of beef stock the last time.
- After a few hrs, turn down to a simmer and simmer until garbanzo beans are to desired tenderness.