- 10 medium
- russet potatoes
- 1 large
- onion - chopped
- 4 slice
- salt pork or side meat - cubed
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- italian pork sausage - mild or spicy or hot breakfast sausage
- 1 bunch
- fresh kale, chopped
- 2 c
- cream or half and half
- knorr chicken bouillion cubes or box of chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
How to Make Zuppa Toscana
- 1Put oil in fry pan, Add diced side meat or salt pork. Fry until browned. Add the onions (and alittle garlic if you like) to the pot - cook until onions are transparent, but not browned. Add sausage to pot and brown well.
- 2Wash Potatoes - leave skins on. I use my salad shooter to slice these up quick, or just hand slice potatoes. Put in stock pot with broth or cubes and enough water to cover and about 2 inches extra. Add salt, peppers (red,black and white) and bring to a boil. Cook just until done.
- 3Add meat/onion mix to the potatoes.
Add chopped Kale to the stock pot as well, Cook this until is done. Taste and add more salt pepper etc if needed. Turn to low or off and add the cream or half and half and serve.