★★★★★ 1 vote5
1med onion chopped
2 clovegarlic chopped
1 pkgloose spicy italian sausage
3lg potatoes peeled and sliced into rounds
4 cchicken broth
1 ptheavy cream
·salt and pepper
How to Make Zuppa Toscana
- In a large skillet crumble and brown sausage. Drain and set aside.
- In same skillet cook bacon until done. Not too crispy, Drain off grease and chop. Set aside with sausage. You may reserve some for garnish.
- In a large pot place water, broth, onions, garlic and potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are tender about 20 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender add in meats and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- add kale and cream and cook until kale is wilted and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You may top with some crumble bacon pieces if you wish.