1 lbitalian sausage links
2 cdry white wine
2cloves minced fresh garlic
1medium onion, finely chopped
5 cchopped cabbage
1 can(s)tomatoes (28 ounces), cut up
1 can(s)green chile peppers, rinsed, seeded, chopped
How to Make Yummy Sausage Soup
- Using the tines of a fork, prick the sausage casing several times.
- Cut the sausage in 1-inch pieces; place in a large mixing bowl.
- For marinade, add wine and garlic to sausage pieces.
- Marinate for 30 minutes, then drain sausage pieces, reserving marinade.
- In a dutch oven or large kettle, cook the sausage and onion until the meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat and add reserved marinade.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, undrained tomatoes, water and green chile peppers.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. (Cool and refrigerate soup at this point, if planning to reheat).