Tomato Florentine Soup
Easy to make, and tastes and presents like a fine restaurant!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a new twist on tomato soup... and a fine one at that! The addition of prosciutto really sends it over the top. The Test Kitchen
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
3/4 cspinach, chopped
1/2 conion, diced
1/4 cred wine
1 tspgarlic, minced
1 Tbspbasil, dried
1 ctomatoes, crushed
1 1/2 tsporegano, dried
1 ctomatoes, diced
2 ozprosciutto, diced
2 cchicken broth
·Romano cheese, grated
How to Make Tomato Florentine Soup
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook until just soft
- Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, broth, spinach, wine and herbs.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 35 minutes.
- Add the ham and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve warm. Garnish with Romano cheese.