★★★★★ 1 vote5
28 ozcanned crushed tomatos
46 oztomato juice
14 1/2 ozchicken broth
1 chalf and half
1 stickreal butter
20 smallfresh basil leaves
How to Make TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- In a large sauce pan, combine crushed tomatoes and tomato juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil (cut in small strips).
- Add half and half and butter. Return to medium heat adding garlic powder, salt, black pepper, red pepper, and sugar to taste.
- OPTIONAL - Add shredded Italian cheese on top of each serving.