Soppa de Queso/Cheese soup
Easy, very inexpensive, flavorful! Our 3 sons never complained, and welcomed this hearty soup on many a cold winters night!
- 6 qt
- water w/1 med.yellow onion cut ino 1/2
- potatoes, medium,cut into wedges
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper
- 5 slice
- processed yellow cheese
- 3 pinch
- oregano, dried
- 1 dash(es)
- garlic powder with parsley
- 1 qt
- pre-cooked rice
- 1-2 dash(es)
- favorite hot sauce* (optional)
How to Make Soppa de Queso/Cheese soup
- 1Place sliced potatoes,onion, pepper strips into a pot large enough to hold 6 quarts of water. Bring water and veggies to boil for approximately 15-20 minutes, Test that the potatoes and peppers are fork tender, not overdone.
- 2Add garlic powder, and dried oregano to taste...Stir
- 3Tear cheeses slices into strips add to pot, stirring gently. The texture of this soup will become thicker,creamier
- 4Add 1 egg per person to the pot. Cover and time them for 3 minutes, until yolk is soft cooked
- 5You may want to add a dash of salt and black pepper to taste.
- 6Prepare bowls placing 1-2 pre cooked (or leftover) rice which has been heated; Place 1 cooked egg on top of each soup
- 7Discard onion Place soup and vegetables into bowls.
PS Some may like to add a dash of hot sauce to their dish......Enjoy!