Soppa de Queso/Cheese soup
Easy, very inexpensive, flavorful! Our 3 sons never complained, and welcomed this hearty soup on many a cold winters night!
6 qtwater w/1 med.yellow onion cut ino 1/2
6potatoes, medium,cut into wedges
1 mediumgreen bell pepper
5 sliceprocessed yellow cheese
3 pinchoregano, dried
1 dash(es)garlic powder with parsley
1 qtpre-cooked rice
1-2 dash(es)favorite hot sauce* (optional)
How to Make Soppa de Queso/Cheese soup
- Place sliced potatoes,onion, pepper strips into a pot large enough to hold 6 quarts of water. Bring water and veggies to boil for approximately 15-20 minutes, Test that the potatoes and peppers are fork tender, not overdone.
- Add garlic powder, and dried oregano to taste...Stir
- Tear cheeses slices into strips add to pot, stirring gently. The texture of this soup will become thicker,creamier
- Add 1 egg per person to the pot. Cover and time them for 3 minutes, until yolk is soft cooked
- You may want to add a dash of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare bowls placing 1-2 pre cooked (or leftover) rice which has been heated; Place 1 cooked egg on top of each soup
- Discard onion Place soup and vegetables into bowls.
PS Some may like to add a dash of hot sauce to their dish......Enjoy!