Roasted New York Apple and Squash Soup
There’s nothing better for lunch than an easy-to-make, delicious soup, like this one. It is so tasty. The roasted apples provide the sweetness to this delicious and good for you soup.
- 2 empire apples cored and quartered
- 1 large winter squash (2 ½ pounds) cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cajun rub to taste
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- dollop of pesto (garnish)
How to Make Roasted New York Apple and Squash Soup
- 1Preheat oven to 400
- 2In large roasting pan, toss squash, onions, garlic and apples with the oil to coat.
- 3Season well with salt and Cajun rub.
- 4Roast, stirring every 10 minutes until vegetables are fork tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- 5Put half the vegetables with 2 cups stock in a food processor and puree to smooth.
- 6Take the other half and combine with 2 more cups of broth.
- 7Return puree mixture to the pot. If the soup is too thick, add more broth.
- 8Serve with a dollop of Pesto on top.