PUNGENT GARLIC & GINGER SOUP
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
10 clovegarlic, peeled and thinly sliced
2 conion, chopped
1 tspfresh thyme (or 1/4 tspn dried)
4 clow sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
2 Tbspchopped fresh basil
3 tspgrated fresh ginger (or more if desired)
·salt to taste, fresh grated ginger and chives for garnish
How to Make PUNGENT GARLIC & GINGER SOUP
- In a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook on low for 25 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring as needed.
- Add the thyme and broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove half of the mixture, let cool slightly, then puree in blender or food processor. Return puree to the saucepan.
- Add the basil, ginger and salt. Heat for 3 minutes
- Garnish with chives and extra fresh ginger, if desired.
- PER SERVING: 135 calories, 6 g protein, 8 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 10 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 339 mg sodium, 0 g cholesterol from Healthy Cooking, Feb. 06