PUNGENT GARLIC & GINGER SOUP
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 10 clove
- garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme (or 1/4 tspn dried)
- 4 c
- low sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- 3 tsp
- grated fresh ginger (or more if desired)
- salt to taste, fresh grated ginger and chives for garnish
How to Make PUNGENT GARLIC & GINGER SOUP
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook on low for 25 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring as needed.
- 2Add the thyme and broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3Remove half of the mixture, let cool slightly, then puree in blender or food processor. Return puree to the saucepan.
- 4Add the basil, ginger and salt. Heat for 3 minutes
- 5Garnish with chives and extra fresh ginger, if desired.
- 6PER SERVING: 135 calories, 6 g protein, 8 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 10 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 339 mg sodium, 0 g cholesterol from Healthy Cooking, Feb. 06